1. I hate editing. I hate it more than I hate a lot of things, and that’s a lot of things. I hate that I’m so obsessed with every little word and making sure it’s the perfect word. I hate that it makes me want to rake my eyes out with a back-scratcher.
2. My characters are healthy characters. They walk and sprint a lot. Every page, walking and sprinting. Occasionally they trot, but mostly they walk. I should buy them all pedometers.
3. I repeat things a lot. Usually. In. Short. Sentences. Aiming. For. Effect. But. Really. It’s. Annoying. Ya know?
4. I like the word, “fuck” especially when used in the most unnecessary places. Fuck fuck here, and a fuck fuck there. Here a fuck, there a fuck…
5. My characters operate on a green screen. Setting? Pfft. You figure it out. I have to make them DO and THINK shit. Why can’t you just figure out where they are? WHY? *deep breaths* Sorry. Yeah, setting’s an issue. We’re working on it.
What do you discover about yourself while editing your work? What annoying habits do you have? Don’t lie and say none because that makes you a lying liar pants.